Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #6

I decided to play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge this week and I created this card:

Here is the model's outfit we were given as inspiration this week:

The silver twine at the bottom was inspired by her silver bracelet and shoes, so was the fact that I stamped the sentiments in Encore silver ink.

I cut all the squares out with an old Creative Memories punch that I've had for years (probably about 10 years by now, lol). I was inspired to do this by her shirt. The dark blue background was inspired by her shorts.

The two border dies used at the top are PTI and so is the tag die. The cardstock is all PTI, too. The silver twine is from SU. The "You brighten my day" sentiment is PTI and the "thanks" is Paper Smooches. The lamp stamp is from Hero Arts. The pearls are from Q and Co. This card was a bit out of my comfort zone to make, but I'm glad I gave it a shot! You should try it out too, head on over to their blog here.

6 comments:

  1. So fun and funky! The mosaic pattern on the tag is super cool, and I love the silver accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the retro feel of this card Jessica. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lampshade totally matches her shirt...
    and the silver accents...
    so creatively inspired!!
    Fabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool how you incorporated everything into a card. Those challenges are just too challenging for me. You did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love your take on the challenge! Thanks for plying along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the silver accents on your card- they really sparkle against the dark background! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!