Monday, October 8, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #43: Texture

Lawnscaping Challenge #43: Texture

I decided to play along with the Lawnscaping challenge again this week, and I made a birthday card for my niece, Autumn, who is turning 1 this week!


This week's challenge was to use texture on your card. So I used my new SU houndstooth embossing folder on one of the strips, and then used some burlap from 7Gypsys. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, the cute fall paper is from October Afternoon. The leaves are from Paper Smooches "Autumn Grooves." The double ended banner die and the cardstock is from PTI, and the ribbon is from SU. I think this card turned out really sweet :) Speaking of my niece, she's coming up here with my sister for a visit next week and I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Wow--you've been busy this weekend. I love all your creations. How fun that you got so much done with card making day. I had Sarah's Bat Mitzvah, so I guess that took priority for me. But, great job on all the challenges, and happy birthday to your niece. I love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is going to love this and the dog will probably be her favorite part of the card. Bet she even points to it and says dog! Love her name for this time of year. Your card is so creative , love all the different textures you used for this one. You are on a roll and I pick this for a winner.( Id I got to pick)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect card for Autumn, she'll love this!! Cute scene & love the way you combine those patterned papers to make the scene. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that burlap!!! And your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it - so much textural goodness on this card! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Jessica this card is so so cute. Autumn is going to love this, maybe to chew on because she is only 1 or because its so pretty--LOL. Enjoy her visit. I am off to check out all your other cards, we just got home last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable, she will love it for sure!! Great use of texture elements, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is tooooooo cute! Love all the patterns and colors and burlap! How inspiring!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!