Monday, February 13, 2012

PTI's 5th Anniversary Day #9 & CPS 5th Anniversary Day 13 Sketch #121

Finally, I had time to participate in one of PTI's 5th anniversary challenges! And since I'm behind on CPS's 5th anniversary challenges, I decided to combine the two to create this card:

Today the challenge with PTI was to use leaves and butterflies, and here is the sketch that I used from CPS:

Don't these colors look awesome together? And that sentiment is so meaningful. It came from PTI's Harvest Berries stamp set. I also used the ginko leaves and dies from that set. I scored two lines into the Spring Rain paper, and then tied it with kraft twine from the Twinery.

This butterfly is from a SU set that I had actually never used before. I found it when looking for another one, and knew it would be perfect for this card since I don't own any PTI butterflies (that may be changing after this release, though, lol!)

The Smokey Shadow and Canyon Clay combo came from Nichole in the Canyon Clay release month, I just loved these two together.

Here's hoping I win!

4 comments:

  1. Jessica it's fabulous!
    That sentiment...
    I love that sentiment!!
    And I don't own any PTI butterflies either...
    and like you...
    I think that's going to be changing very soon ;)
    A fabby take on the challenge...
    and I'm going to hope you win too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. And, I love that butterfly. Harvest Berries is one of my favorite leaf sets, and it looks really great with that butterfly perched on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card--I love the orange! And your butterfly looks so striking on top of Harvest Berries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty! I just love that sentiment!! Lovely job, and thanks for playing along on day 13 of the CPS 5th Anniversary event!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!