Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Cathy! (Surprise Blog Hop) & CPS 5th Anniversary Challenge Day 12 Sketch #118 & cQc124

I have been so fortunate to get to know so many wonderful crafting friends through our mutual love of stamping, and Cathy is no exception! Because of the 12 Kits of Christmas group I'm in, I was able to add so many new talented friends including Cathy, and Joyce (who set up this special hop in Cathy's honor!). Both of these ladies (and all the rest in the group) are incredibly talented, and I'm so honored to have my name linked with theirs. So without further ado, Cathy, I hope your birthday is your best one yet!!

This card was created with another sketch from CPS's 5th Anniversary challenges.

I also used the colors from this week's ColourQ challenge on Cathy's card.

This cute little bird is from the Market Street Stamps set that I won during their last release :) The spiral notebook punch is from SU, and so is the ribbon, and the 3 circle/scallop punches. The sentiment is from PTI and all cardstock is PTI.

The Chevron Stripes are from PTI, and the twine is from Divine Twine.

Joyce actually got a group of us together to surprise Cathy, so make sure to go and check out all the other cards created for her. Just click on the links below :)

Joyce
Renee
Kim
Marybeth
Jeanne
Sharron
Jessica (You are here!)
Kara

12 comments:

  1. I love it!! Cathy will too! And thanks for playing with the ColourQ this week!! We love seeing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!
    This is just too precious for words...
    love the colors...
    and that little birdie just looks so happy! :)
    Cathy will love this...
    and her "surprise"!
    And...
    we're all just as fortunate getting to know you...
    so glad you're a part of our incredible group! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so shocked, I can hardly express how surprised I was to see my very own blog hop. Your card is so cute, love that little bird and colored so beautifully. Thank you so much for thinking of me, best birthday I have ever had. Without a doubt! You are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card you made. I love your little monster. You took some Valentines colors and made a monster party of a card. Just love it, and I know Cathy does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, what a fun card to celebrate a birthday with. So bright and cheery too, great party to far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable--the little bird is a real cutie! Love the happy colors--just perfect for a birthday card! And wasn't it a great party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! All the elements work so well together! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica - sorry I'm late - had to wait my turn for the computer! I love your sweet birdie and the bright spring colors - you can't help but smile when you see the love that went into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, Jessica, love that "love bird"! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, that image is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet birthday card---he's a cutie! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! The colors are just darling!

    Thanks for joining in my CPS challenge day! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!