Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day 1

Today is the first day of PTI's 5th Anniversary challenge! On Nichole's blog today, she showcased each DT member and asked them to show one of their favorite projects from the year. Then she issued a challenge to each of us...choose one of the DT members projects and create a new project inspired by it. I chose Maile Belles card and created this:

My card was inspired by this card created by Maile:

These neat rolled rosettes are still from the stash that Suzanne gave me so long ago. I went with the exact colors that Maile chose, but used the Background Basics Sheet Music instead of the Chevron Stripes, and the rolled rosettes and twine instead of the buttons.

Also, I decided to staple a ribbon loop on the side of the card instead of wrap it on like Maile did. I used the same sentiment set, but chose Merci instead of hello friend. This was a fun challenge, I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us for the rest of the anniversary celebration!

I would say that Maile is most definitely one of my favorite DT members. I love all the bright cheery cards that she is constantly creating, and anytime I see something in a magazine that I like, half of the time the designer is Maile!

12 comments:

  1. Pretty. Love the rosettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! Love the idea of using the music notes for the rainbow colors!! Great card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the music instead of chevrons...
    and rosettes instead of buttons...
    such a creative take on her card!
    And I love her style but I can't do it...
    so I don't try...
    wouldn't want to insult her...
    *giggle*
    A gorgeous card Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you came up with and the colored music is soo pretty , I like the music a lot. Great job , Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the combo of rosettes and sheet music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever take on Maile's card! The colors and music stamp are great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Jessica! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, I love the rainbow music!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess this is so cute! I love the rosettes - I picked the same inspiration project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sheet music in all those rainbow colors, and the rosettes are just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card. I love those rosettes.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!