Tuesday, February 14, 2012

CPS 5th Anniversary Day 11 Sketch #170

I know I'm getting a little bit out of order on the CPS challenge days, but I still have a goal to finish them all, and I'm getting REALLY close! I have until Saturday to get them all completed :) So here's a 1st Valentine's Day card for my nephew, Liam:

I used this sketch from Day 11 of the CPS 5th anniversary to create the card:


I did not learn this until he had a son, but apparently my brother really likes giraffes! So I thought what better animal to use on his son's card...so I made it red to go with the V-day theme :) This little giraffe and bird are from an old SU set that I'm sure will get a lot more use now that I have a niece and nephew.

The neat animal print ribbon was sent to me by my good friend Dana for my birthday last year. The grass punch is from Martha Stewart. The animal print embossing folder is from Sizzix. The cardstock is PTI and the pearls are Recollections. The 1 die and "st" are from PTI, and the heart punch is from SU.

It turned out a bit more feminine than I planned, but he isn't even 1 yet, and it is a V-day card, afterall ;) Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I hope that you were able to get some crafty goodies :) I got a lotto ticket, a small pot of baby roses, and 2 Paper Smooches stamp sets on the way :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Such a unique color scheme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so sweet. I love that giraffe. And, your colors are very very fun.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!