Sunday, June 10, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #38

This morning Suzanne and two other new crafting friends and I went to the best local stamping store ever, Absolutely Everything, for their annual yard sale. Oh geeze did I LOVE it! The store had so much of their own stuff on sale that I actually didn't make it out to the regular vendors lol. I got a couple of PS stamps (I used a coupon on one...you got that right, they will let you use Michaels or Joanns coupons on any regular priced item!) but the rest of my stuff was so cheap, like $1, $2, or even .50! All the Christmas stuff was 70% off! So anyway, after that long story, how about a card? Using one of my new PS sets:


I used this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week:

That neat embossing folder is a Cuttlebug one that I've been wanting for awhile! While I was in FL, I showed it to my mom and she got it for me for Mother's Day :) (yes, I know I have no kids, but she STILL sent me a package for being a good "mom" to my "kids" the dogs and cat). The grass is from PTI's On the Farm, the road is from PS Metropolis. The golf cart and sentiments are from PS My Guy.


I picked up the twine today. It is from Lawn Fawn and was marked down to .50! The paper is an old DSP from SU. The cardstock is PTI and the little tab is a SU punch.




I like how this turned out, I think I'll make a few more to send out to the other Dads in my life. Hope you are coming along on your Father's Day cards (if you make them) and I hope you are able to find a stamp store as great as Absolutely Everything (although I think it may be hard!)

12 comments:

  1. Absolute perfection. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love how you combined so many elements from a variety of companies! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the best time! I am exhausted from all the excitement and it's only 4pm!

    LOVE this card, especially the impressed background pattern and the hills- so so clever, Jessica! Awesome take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Congrats on getting so many great deals at the sale! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about all the good deals today! So wish I could have been there too! This is totally cute! I love all the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!
    Love the colors...
    and such a fun take on the sketch!! :)
    I LOVE AE...
    I just can't do the local stuff :(...
    but SO wish I could because it is THE most awesome store!!
    I heard about all the deals and I know y'all had such a great time...
    and what BARGAINS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I can't believe the bargains you got today. I have ordered a couple of times from that store on the internet, but I am green with envy that you can go there and get such bargains. What a great day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jessica! I love how you mixed sets - I like doing that too! It sounds like an awesome day! Glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I like this card ... the colours, the texutre and grahpic paper is perfect for this man card... and your colouring is superb!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card Jessica! The colours are so bright and vibrant! Such a great Father's Day card! I think I need to get that embossing folder as well! Who doesn't love diamond plate?! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that sounds like so much fun, you lucky duck. So sweet of your mom to give you a gift , anyway. We have to be good moms to our pets. Love your card and the bold colors you chose. Love the new folder and fun stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeeek! Jess this is so cute! I love all the textures and patterns. :)
    LOVE it. :)
    Hugs,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!