Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CPS 5th Anniversary Day 7 Sketch #242

For CPS's 7th Sketch, I created another Valentine's Day card:

Here's the sketch that we were given:

I used this cute Inkadinkado image, but after using so many PTI and Paper Smooches stamps, the quality of this stamp was horrid. I had to color in the black parts with a marker after I stamped it. It was a great deal and had some other really cute images in the set, but I think I'll stick with buying higher quality stamps only from here on out.

The paper is all from a SU DSP pad, and the hearts from a SU punch. I also used another of the Valentine rub ons. The library clip and scalloped edge punch are also SU.

I only need to make a couple more Valentine's Day cards to be complete with my recipient list. It has been fun making each one different. I've never done that before when I've done a mass mailing of cards (not that 14 cards is that mass, lol, but usually I design one and make the rest all the same). The hardest part is deciding who gets each one!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about lower quality stamps--but you definitely can't tell with the way you've colored in this cute image! I love the little cluster of hearts--are those die cuts? You are a crafting machine these days, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! After good quality stamps you wonder how you ever stamped with the other stuff. You still managed to make a great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little chicks in the back! Yes, we are spoiled with PTI . Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, those chicks are adorable though! They remind me of the ducks in Boston....super cute card! I love your colors (as always, you are color inspiration) and that cloud paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--you keep churning out such fabulous cards. I wish I had your energy. Those ducks sure are cute, even if they are not the highest quality stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! LOVE this! :-) Thanks for playing with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!