Monday, March 26, 2012

Retro Sketches #4

Last Friday I got the chance of a lifetime...to meet the owner and designer of Paper Smooches, Kim Hughes!!!!! It is no surprise at all that her stamps are as cute and sweet as they are, because that is just what Kim is, so incredibly sweet and adorable :) I'll be posting the cards that we made soon (we made 5!) but this set is one that we used, and of course she sold me on it ;) Here's my card:

And here's this week's Retro Sketches challenge that I used:

Oh my goodness, aren't the flower and bees SOOO cute?? Behind them is PTI Frutti Tutti patterned paper and kraft cardstock cut using the 1/2 and 1/2 dies. The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug and the fence is a Martha Stewart punch.

This cute sentiment came with the set, too :)

And here we are!! Me, Christina, and Kim (top row), Karolyn (who came to help Kim run the class) and Suzanne.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that Kim put this class on her blog and there were still spots left only an hour from my house! It was a night to remember, for sure :)

11 comments:

  1. It was so fun! I am psyched you saw the notice about the class!

    Onto the card - UM...you cut out those teeny bees? OMG...holy high blood pressure for me! But it's seriously cute, especially the color scheme and with the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast! I'm sure you had a wonderful time! Love all your paper piecing! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Suzanne--I can't believe you cut out those little bees! But they are so adorable with their smiley faces. Love the picket fence element, too, it grounds the flower perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!!
    This card is too adorable! I love the little scene you created here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous! You are so lucky to have had such a great day...and with so many people I would love to meet in person one day. Your card is adorable, love the bees and picket fence. Great sentiment too. Did I say how lucky you were?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of you guys. This is the third time I have seen that picture--groaning funness. And, your card is just so sweet. I probably would have bought every single set she had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the class! Such a sweet and fun card!!! Glad you played along with us a t RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Jessica! Love all the little details! Thank you so much for playing along with RetroSketches this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw the picture on Christina's page, you all look so beautiful, what a fun day ! Your card is adorable , I know I say that all the time but these little characters you use are …adorable! The little fence is perfect for this plant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo of all of you...your card is just too sweet and that face on the flower, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card, Jessica! And totally envious that you got to meet Kim. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches April Release Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!