Sunday, March 11, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #25

My grandpa's birthday is coming up, so I decided to get a heads start and make his card early. I used this great Venetian paper from Amuse that I got from the party I hosted yesterday! (stay tuned to see pics of the cards we made). Here's the card:

And here's the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge:

The typewriter image and "just a note to say" is from Hero Arts. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from PTI. The corduroy button is from SU and the ribbon is from Amuse.

The polka dot paper is from DCWV.

You will definitely be seeing more of this great Venetian paper, because I ordered a multi pack! Hope everyone had a nice weekend, we sure had beautiful weather here today, so we took the dogs exploring around our town and saw some really pretty areas that we had no clue existed!

12 comments:

  1. I love that cute typewriter stamp! The paper is very pretty! Happy bday to your grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used on this card, so bright and cheerful! And all of the little touches you added with the ribbon and buttons, just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those bright colors look fabulous and I love the patterned paper! Cute idea to use the two colors of ribbon and add the bright blue button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card ... these colours are so bright and happy and that typewriter image with the typed sentiment is just perfect!
    Love your take on our sketch!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun!! Love those polka dots too :) Hope you have a fun celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card. I love how you have combined supplies from so many different companies. I'm sure your grandpa will love this card. He will probably want to start making cards with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Man-Card for your grandpa! Great colors and coordination with the DSPs and stamp set. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you combined the colors in your ribbon! Great way to tie the colors together! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and I love the bright background paper. Looks as if it will be very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, Jessica, especially the way you combined the bright colors and still kept it looking masculine. I just love that bit of orange ribbon you tied in with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you getting ahead! The typewriter is so cute with the paper coming out. Love the background paper you bought… bring it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh Jessica, I love this card. The colour scheme is so striking and that typewriter with message is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!