Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #84

Suzanne came over last night after a long hiatus from our Wednesday night crafting nights and it was so nice to have her here! I made two challenge cards with PTI's new Beautiful Butterflies while she was here, and this is the first one for an anniversary that I created:

I used this sketch from this week's Paper Players Challenge:

The sentiment wouldn't fit on my little label, so I got out the large PTI Christmas label die and used the stamp set, too.

The patterned paper is all from a DCWV paper pack, and the cardstock is all from PTI. The twine is from the Twinery. The mini red pearls are from Q & Co.

I'm glad that I used the red and blues because this is also for a man, and I didn't want to make it too girly, so I think that he'll be okay with the blue butterfly, lol. I'll put the other card that I made while she was here up in a couple of days. In other news, we finally got snow over night that stuck! Did you?

12 comments:

  1. just love that row of butterflies!! You are making me rethink not purchasing that set...I love that mix of fonts!! So glad you had fun with Suzanne!! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so jealous of your crafty get-together! *smile* Love this little beauty and those stunning butterfly silhouettes. I think you've struck the perfect balance with the colors to make any couple happy. I'm smitten with that label die and love how you've fit the sentiment perfectly inside it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! Love the way you used the butterflies in a row for this challenge, great idea! Also wonderful way to use the new label die .

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for the record, I made nothing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color combo---blues & oranges are my two favorite colors! So glad you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, this is lovely! What a fun color combo and I really like that sentiment stamp. You are so lucky to have snow. It was almost 80 and humid as all get up here in South Texas today. Enjoy the white stuff for me! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica this is such a great card, love those butterflies. How thoughtful of you trying to make a card that would appeal to both the husband and wife, what a great sketch that is too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all--insanely jealous that you got to craft with Suzanne, and that you have snow. Your card is beautiful, and it is like a game for me--find the new PTI goodies--I spy Beautiful Butterflies, Background Basics Medallions, and that Christmas Label / Sweet spring die. Love how you have used them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those butterflies are gorgeous! Love the label die and how you fit everything together...just lovely! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful butterflies! I love the paper you selected! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the sketch! This is the perfect card for a man and woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, I love that sentiment and the different butterflies. I have to tell you, I love your blog name and look! It is really clever! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!