Saturday, March 3, 2012

CPS #254 & cQc #126

Here's a birthday card I created for my husband's Great Aunt:

I used this week's colors from ColourQ:

And this week's sketch from CPS:

This cute little apron stamp is from Market Street Stamps, and so is the "souper" sentiment!

The border die is from PTI, and all the patterned papers are from a SU DSP pack. The circles were cut out of SU and PTI cardstock with a SU 1 inch circle punch. The twine is from The Twinery.

I'm not sure where the little clothespin is from, I just happened to find a bag of them at work in the craft closet, but it was just the right color and went perfectly with the theme of this card.

I decided to do the polka dots on the bottom layer because the cQc photo inspired me to do so. I ended up only working half a day yesterday and came home and rested, and now I feel almost back to normal, I'm even going to go to Zumba this morning (but take it easy). After going to this frozen yogurt place two separate times and getting sick in the middle of the night after each (the first time was in FL when I got so sick and had to be quarantined from the babies in Oct.!), you can bet I won't ever be going back there!

18 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling much better today! What a fun card with the CUTEST apron! Love those polka dots. Thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabby card!!
    Love the apron...
    and fun sentiment...
    but the colors and papers are just fabulously perfect for this!!
    Love it! :)
    And hope you're feeling better!
    I'm still trying to shake the last remnants of the stomach flu...
    hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and super fun card, Jessica! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card, I love that apron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really SWEET card--love the polka dots and cheerful colors! The apron is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really hope you are on the mend! :( On the other hand, your card is SO fun!! I really love how you incorporated the inspiration photo as well as the colors! Darling card, fabulous layers (and I love the clothespin, don't care where it's from!) ;) Thank you so much for playing the colourQ, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are great and I so like how you used the CPS sketch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, Jessica, love your retro design! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with CPS sketch 254!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you were sick! Was it the new place in Burlington?
    I love your card! SOUPER CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute card!! Love the little clothespin. So glad you joined us at the CQC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card ! I love that apron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woops….sorry you got sick and good idea to stay away. Maybe you should let them know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize you had been sick. I hope that you are better by now. I love how you have a kitchen oriented card with this color scheme. Those colors remind me of the kitchen we had growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats. I just saw your shout out at ColourQ. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! What a super cute card.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!