Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CPS #257 & Color Throwdown #183

Kasia totally sold me on the Paper Smooches Chubby Chums set (although anything PS wouldn't be too hard to sell ME on ;) when she made this card. So in my most recent PS order (got extra stamp $$ for helping the hubby with yardwork LOL) Chubby Chums has become part of the growing PS collection :) Here's my first card I created using the adorable cat image from the set:

I used this color combo from Color Throwdown's challenge this week:


And this sketch from CPS:

This sketch is clean and nice, I'll probably go to it again one day. All the cardstock and the ribbon is PTI. The circle punch and embossing folder are SU, the pearls were from Michaels.

So I made this card for my friend (who is a cat lover) because she is taking a Wilton Cake making class and brought this beauty over to me on Sunday night! Check it out:

Look at those gorgeous flowers that she handmade! And then that basket...the whole cake looked like a lovely basket of spring flowers. It was almost too pretty to eat....ALMOST ;) Inside it is red velvet and divine!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Cute!! And that cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card--love the kitty! And that cake is gorgeous--what a "sweet" gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card , your cat lover friend will love this card . Who wouldn't love that fat cat! The cakes she made looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best sales person for those PS critters. Everything you do with them is just so cute and clever. You are lucky to have a friend who makes such fabulous cakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh so cute, nice use of that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest cat ever......please link up with me at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica!! This project is so stinkin' cute!! You truly have an amazing flair with those Paper Smooches cuties!! I was so excited and happy to meet you tonight at Wholly Scrap - you, Suzanne and Christina are DARLING!! So looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica this is too cute! I am so glad that I can enable someone else's addiction instead of just my own!! :)
    I agree you totally rock these adorable stamps. They are so much fun to colour eh?

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!