Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Make It Monday #9 & JUGS #78


The Make It Mondays challenge was to break out the 'ole heat embossing gun, so I combined it with the Just Us Girls sketch and came up with this card:

A close up of the heat embossed ticket stubs:

A close up of the funky bow...I didn't mean for it to look like this, but I like how it turned out ;)

The colors I used were from one of Dawn McVey's Color Couture combinations, and so are the cut out embellishments. The ribbons are both from SU. The stamp set is from PTI. It was kinda hard to line up all the tickets, and it was time consuming to heat emboss them all, but it was a good technique to try again...I rarely use the heat gun. I used a Nestabilities to cut out the circle. Hope you enjoy :)

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful embossing! I love your card! Great job! :) Jill / Seattle, Wa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fabulous color combo, and I love the embossed ticket background! The lace trim layered over the bow is fantastic, too. Super job with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! I love that flower and the colors are GORGEOUS! The ribbons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are daring. Great use of color. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the embossed background and your take on the sketch is beautiful! Fab color combo too!
    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!