Sunday, April 3, 2011

Make It Monday #8

This week's Make It Monday was to use an ink blending technique. Here is what I came up with:

I didn't have the ink tool that was used in the video, but I did have some Stampin' Up sponge daubers. I used 3 Stampin' Up inks to try to match PTI colors. I started on the outside with Pink Passion, then went to Only Orange, and finally Apricot Appeal in the center. Then I stamped the silhouette of the vase and flowers from the Asian Fusion PTI set on top. The ribbon is Peach Parfait from SU, and the pink button is from the Big Designer Springtime Vintage buttons that were in the most recent mini catalog. The clear button is from A.C. Moore. The polka dots are from PTI (Polka Dot Basics II). And finally I used Whisper White ink to stamp the Thank You sentiment (also from the Asian Fusion set) on chocolate paper and cut it out with the SU Modern Label Punch. I don't think I'd use this technique often, but it is always great to add yet another technique to my ever growing catalog :)

4 comments:

  1. You were so brave to try this technique! I wasn't sure what to do, but it looks like you had a lot of fun with it! I love the contrast of the vase silhouette against the bright colors and the way you layered the buttons. Great job, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christina! I haven't been brave enough to try many of the last few techniques...and the Asian Fusion set goes perfectly with it! You are too good at this, an inspiration, Jess! You make me wanna get back to my craft room, so thank you! :) {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really elegant design! Love the pop of black against your vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you blended the colors together. I also love how the black stamp pops off the paper!!!

    By the way, the dog in your profile pic looks very similar to my two rat terriers ;-) Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!