Thursday, April 14, 2011

JUGS #79


And here is a close up of the baby wipe technique:

Here's yet another one of the absolutely gorgeous hand crocheted flowers made by my friend Christina (click on her name to check out her blog):

The inside:

The back:

This week Just Us Girls has a technique challenge and it was to use a baby wipe technique with re-inkers. Click here to check it out and try this challenge yourself. Well, I only had a few re-inkers, so I chose Pumpkin Pie and Perfect Plum from SU. I added the green patterned paper after and I think the whole effect turned out quite springy :) I have had these neat rhinestone raindrops for quite sometime now and just hadn't created the right thing to use them on, but I like that extra bling they give this card. The stamp is Darcies, the paper and ribbon are SU, the sentiments are all PTI (and so is the border in the inside). The grass punch is from Martha Stewart. This card was made for another of my stampin' friends, Suzanne, who has been going through a lot lately, and I just wanted to let her know that I care and am thinking about her.

5 comments:

  1. How pretty and springy! I love the way that technique turned out on the watering can, and the colors are amazing together (purple, orange, and green--I never would have guessed!).

    So glad you're enjoying your flowers! ((hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this challenge over the weekend and thought I should try it. I've never done it before! You rocked that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! The watering can reminds me so much of spring/summer! Your baby wipe technique came out beautifully! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! LOVE the image and the details. Wonderful job. Sorry you had an issue trying to link up this week. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colour combo! That watering can turned out beautifully, and how perfect are those rhinestones. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!