Friday, April 8, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch #109


Check out this gorgeous hand crocheted flower embellishment!!! This was made by my new friend Christina, and it is just so awesome :)

I have enjoyed trying things that aren't my style lately, and am happy to admit that I don't really consider myself as having a specific style anymore, but I will have to admit that this is definitely not it LOL! It was great to try a new sketch, and I love all the separate elements of this card, but together laid out like this I'm just not really feeling it. I have not really embraced the blank card, and I feel like the right side is just too busy and the left side too blank. Oh well, I'm still glad I tried it :) The absolute best part of the card is most definitely the hand made flower embellishment...thanks so much, Christina! The papers are all PTI and so is the cut out sentiment embellishment (from Color Couture). The ribbons are SU. Border punch is EK Success, and the scalloped oval is a Nestabilities die.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you had a chance to use one of the flowers! This card is so bright and cheerful, just what I needed this morning. I'm loving that wide striped ribbon topped with the cream twill bow!

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously fun card..love all the fun colors and the crocheted embellie!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! I love the bright colors and the crocheted flower you added. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so proud of your for 2 things.....trying a new sketch and using those gorgeous crocheted flowers from Christina! I'm not sure I can use them yet! I like looking at them too much! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!