Monday, April 18, 2011

Make It Monday #11 & Color Throwdown #137

This week's Make It Monday challenge was to emboss with dies.
Here is this week's Color Throwdown:
Click here if you'd like to play along.

And my design:

If you look closely, you can see that I first embossed with the dies on the celery paper. Well, the numbers came out backward...duh! But I still used them ;) And then I put the cut numbers from the bottom sheet on top so that at least some were the right way.

Well, he finally arrived! I am an Aunt as of this morning to my first ever nephew, Liam Aaron. This card is to send to his parents, my brother and sister-in-law. The number dies, mat die, and sentiment are from PTI. The train punch is from Martha Stewart, the pearls AMuse, the corduroy button and papers are SU, and the little clothespin I found awhile back at my local stamp store.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation! I am a new auntie as well ... first nephew! So exciting, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used th die numbers. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the numbers work great for this technnique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, CUTE card!!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, Jessica! Someday those number dies will be mine! LOL!

    Congrats on being a new aunt! So glad to hear your nephew finally arrived, and I hope everyone is healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh, I can't wait to use my numbers!! Great idea!! Sweet, sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just received those die numbers yesterday and this is a great way to make use of them! Love that corduroy button too and congrats on becoming an aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured for this! Great use of those number dies....sorry to say that I haven't used mine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome way of using the number dies! The train punch is terribly cute!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!