Monday, June 4, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #161

Another couple and Phillip and I went camping this past weekend on the Cape. They cooked dinner for us twice while we were there and drove us all around to several towns. It was a lot of fun. So I made them this card as a thank you for the delicious meals (shrimp po-boys one night and cod, quahogs, crabcakes, corn, and stamers the next!) and fun time. Here is the card I created:


This is the sketch I used from this week's Unscripted Sketches:

The camper and trees are from a pretty old SU set that hasn't seen much love. As I was thinking of making a camping themed card, I remembered this set and had to dig it out. Phillip laughed at how unrealistic it is, but I think its cute :)


The "thanks" is from the PS Sentiment Sampler set. The paper is all from PTI's new camping themed set. The cardstock is PTI and the twine is from the Twinery.



It is rainy here and quite chilly (I actually had to buy a Cape Cod sweatshirt over the weekend because I was planning on warm weather and only had shorts and t-shirts!). Its supposed to keep raining all week :( I hope where ever you are it is beautiful and was a great Monday to start off your week :)

10 comments:

  1. Cool camping card Jessica, love the rustic feel of it all! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some congratulations and wishing me luck for Gallery Idol, really means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's adorable! Very cute. Great take on this weeks sketch. So glad you joined US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card (besides what do husbands really know 'bout craftin' ???). Everything about the card is so totally camping that I am sure your hosts will think they are right back at the campground when they receive it! Thanks so much for sharing this great card with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I wouldn't camp for all the $$ in the world, but I do like cards about it. Sorry your trip was so wet, but it sounds like you had fun anyway. I spy some of that cute new PTI paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fine dining trip rather than a camping trip...but I am in Joyce's camp and would not go camping for all of the money in the world either, just too much dirt for me. Your card is just so cute, it almost makes me want to camp, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I have to say it is beautiful here in Ca? Sorry it's cold and wet by you. I went camping for the first time in Yosimite NP and loved it, and will go again . We did stay at the historic hotel a few nights though ,just because it was my first time camping. Love your sweet camper card and all the fun papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time with your friends, and I'm sure they will love this sweet card! That little camper is darling, I was wondering if you'd discovered a new stamp, but it can be just as much fun to rediscover an older one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweet little stamped scene ... those meals sound mouth-watering ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's cute too. Perfect card for the occasion, and great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!