Monday, June 11, 2012

CPS #269

It's been awhile since I've been able to play along with a CPS sketch. When I saw this sketch, though, I knew right away that I wanted to use my new PS Circle of Honor set (the other PS set I got at Absolutely Everything yesterday). Here is the card I created:


Here is the sketch:


I was sold on this set from this adorable bald eagle. I have a great idea for what my bulk 4th of July cards will look like (you'll be seeing that soon!) and this eagle will be front and center :) For now I used the fireworks that also come in the Circle of Honor set and the sentiment. The frame is a Nestabilities die. I actually don't own any large oval dies (shocking!) so this was the closest I had to that shape.


I used PTI's double ended banner die and then stamped the banners from the set inside. The ribbon is from SU. The background patterned paper is from PTI's new camping themed paper. The cardstock is PTI.




I'm excited about the 4th of July this year because my parents are coming to visit. Ever since we moved to MA 3 1/2 years ago we've been telling my parents how fun the 4th is because a huge parade comes right in front of our house! It is so popular that people start setting their chairs out on the sidewalks a week in advance and we actually have to go out early to put our chairs on the day of or our own driveway gets taken, too!

10 comments:

  1. Love this card. That eagle is so awesome. How fun to have a parade come to your house. It sounds like a great way to spend the fourth. I love the fireworks on the 4th. They get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...what a fabulous patriotic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4th of July used to be one of my most favorite holidays while my kids were growing up, I always got excited...it was Summer, the weather was nice, not too hot yet, the kids were never sick that time of the year and they got to swim and watch fireworks...miss those days! Your card and excitement over the 4th sure brought back those memories Jessica. What a great eagle icon you used and with the banners...even better. Beautiful card, loved that big red bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!
    What a fabulously fun 4th card!
    A great take on the sketch...
    but love that eagle...
    he's just fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that eagle is so adorable, love the look on his face and all of the fireworks bursting around him. Fabulous card as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, that little eagle is *so* cute Jessica, I just love him!! What a fun take on a 4th of July card!!

    Your comment on my blog just made me so happy. Thank you *so* much, it really means so much to me!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card--darling little eagle & you used the sketch to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card for the sketch . Love the bow and all the shining stars you added. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore your little eagle--I could see buying that set just for the eagle alone! Fabulous job with the sketch--I love the patterned paper and all the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!