Saturday, June 9, 2012

Make It Monday #69

Sketches are my favorite kind of challenge, so when I saw that PTI's Make It Monday had sketches for the week, I wanted to give it a shot. I had grand plans of creating all 6, but at least I got to one!


Here is the sketch:


So I changed it up a bit. I used one large image with 3 parts (umbrella, straw, lime) instead of the 3 images. Then instead of a bold word and smaller sentiment, I used just one sentiment and then the twine in place of the smaller sentiment.


The paper is from...you guessed it, Lillybee designs! I have 3 of their pads now and they are sitting out on my desk...have been getting a lot of use lately ;) The images are all from either the Friendship Jar or Friendship Jar Summer Fillers sets. The sentiment is from an old Amuse stamp.


The twine is from the Twinery and the die is PTI's Double Ended Banner die.


I made this card with my new friend Hope in mind. When we were camping last weekend, they had a margarita maker! (Who would have thought...a margarita maker while camping!) She made us margaritas the first night while we were playing games. I think she'll like it.

15 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! I'd like a drink with an umbrella in it right about now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How utterly adorable!!
    I'll take mine as a strawberry please? *giggle*
    But love the mix of papers...
    and that drink is awesome with the fabby umbrella!
    Such a creative take on the sketch...
    love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect summer card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Love your take on the sketch! Margaritas and summer--great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable. I love it. You are the queen of sketches, and it was great to read how you modified the sketch. I love your margarita, too. Great for a summer evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what time will the margarita's be served? Looks good enough to drink and so refreshing too. Fabulous card but then all of your cards are always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fab card - you have added so many great details and the design is perfect!
    I love the chevron patterned paper, and the image with matching sentiment is perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wow! Wow! The paper piecing on your card is amazing Jessica...and the placement of every last detail is incredible. I'm sure Hope will LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have margaritas, I am on my way! :) This card is adorable! Love the paper piecing! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome Jessica!! Just love those colours and funky patterns!!

    Thank you so much for the sweet words on my blog. It really means so much to me to know that you're rooting for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! It reminds me of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is making me thirsty, and it is only 8:30 in the morning here! Love this card, you had such a cute idea of adding the little seeds to the glass. Love the short jar and umbrella with the lime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous take on the sketch. Your colouring is pretty awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jess. I LOVE this card...especially the dripping ice. You are amazing. Gerry

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!