Thursday, June 21, 2012

CAS-UAL Fridays #57

When I saw that the prize for this week's CAS-ual Friday's challenge was to win SIX Paper Smooches stamp sets, you KNOW I was on board :) Here is the card I created using Papertrey Ink's Clearly Creative Cardstock (aka acetate):



Recognize these flip flops? I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of them ;) The patterned papers are from the PTI Aqua Mist Collection and Summer Sunrise Collection.


These clouds are a MFT die. The acetate I've had ever since my very first PTI order, but I have never used it! I'm glad there was a challenge to get me to open the package, because this stuff is pretty cool! It reminds me of transparencies from school, when the teachers would use them on the overhead projectors.


The twine is from the Twinery, the sentiment is from the flip flop set, and the "sand dunes" are from PTI's In the Meadow dies.



I have someone in particular in mind to send this card to. She loves flip flops! Summer sure did come in with a bang here yesterday...97 degrees. I grew up in this kind of heat in FL, but I still can't get used to it up here in New England...where there is no central air in most homes (including mine!), and of course where the hottest day of the year I had a boat trip scheduled with the residents, and the rear AC in the van didn't work...I melted. Hope you had a nice day to ring in the summer!

16 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love your sand dunes and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Jessica!!
    So much fun with that acetate cardstock...
    love the effect it gives!
    And the colors...
    definitely says "Summer!" :)
    And I personally would die without the 8th wonder of the world...
    air conditioning! *giggle*
    I grew up in a home that didn't have central for years...
    just a window one...
    and when we finally got it...
    when we hit those 100+ days...
    Summer was so nice just spent inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO so cute! Love the polka dot sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fresh clean look of this one Jessica. Of course you had to play , hope you win. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is awesome! I love the fresh colors and the way you cut the clouds, so trendy! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, This is so clever. I love all the close ups so I can get a real good look. You've got me dreamin of vacation girl! Love the flip flops the surf and the sand. Those little clouds extending off the page and the tiny twine bow... adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love. love, love this cheery card! Just perfect. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh...the van doesn't sound good! Your card is so fun...love the scene you created Jessica. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is too perfect, Jessica! Love the combination of these colors, the polka dot papers, and your marvelous "sand dunes". It all looks fantastic with the clear card base! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card, Jessica! You know that I always love your color combos and those flip flops really are CUTE! Thanks so much for joining in the CAS-ual Fridays fun this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'm loving this card. What a cool way to use acetate, and of course, I adore your flip flops. So sorry it is so hot near you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very cool card(I just ordered those flippies:)!!)!! Love the colors and patterns...great use of the acetate!! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge and sharing your creativity at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous job with the acetate--hope you win the challenge! Your card is just adorable--love the summery colors! Hope you have a break in the hot weather soon. Can't imagine life here when it's even over 80 degrees without air conditioning--so spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica, this is absolutely adorable! I have that set and have yet to ink it up and run the die through my Cuttlebug!! Love what you've done with this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this card!! The colors are gorgeous together. I love the layout and the twine is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless your heart! That kinda weather is why I moved back north from SC. We didn't have AC until my DH bought me a window unit for my birthday one year. :) Totally darling card. I love the layers for creating the beachy ocean scene!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!