Sunday, October 23, 2011

Color Q #107

Geeze, its been forever since I've done one of these! Its mostly because I do the majority of my cardmaking on Sunday afternoons...when the challenge is already past due! But I'm making it this week...with 20 minutes to spare, hehe. Anyway, here are the colors for this week's Color Q challenge:

You can check out the challenge here, too. And my card:

Isn't this little owl cute? He's a punch from SU. The witch hat came from a Halloween SU set from last year. The tag is Amuse and so is the sentiment. The clouds are PTI, borrowed from Suzanne (thanks, Suzanne!).

Here is the inside:

The fence is a Martha Stewart punch. The cardstock is a mixture between PTI and SU. The patterned paper is Making Memories (fence) and SU (owl's belly). The sentiment on the inside is from the JoAnns dollar bin and the bats from SU. This card is actually for my nephew, Liam. It turned out a little more feminine than I planned, but I think that it's still cute. He is going to be an owl for Halloween this year and my mom is making his costume, so I knew I wanted to use the owl punch for his card. I can't wait to see how cute he looks in his little costume!

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, Jessica! Love your hoot owl! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the witchy owl:) thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the clouds look, Jess and the second I saw this card I was dying to know where you got that fence! Love it! I also think that sentiment inside is one of the best Halloween-y ones I've seen lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Jessica! I love that fence punch. Great job with the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect for your nephew! I don't think it's too feminine at all, but it IS adorable. I love the dark clouds, that creepy-cool fence, and the sentiment on the inside. Wish I'd seen that one at Michaels! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!