Thursday, September 8, 2011

Make It Monday #31 & Color Throwdown #158

This week's Make It Monday was to use a non background stamp to make a background.
And Color Throwdown offered these colors for inspiration:
And this is what I created:

I didn't have the right blue, and now I feel like I should have gone more for turquoise, but oh well, too late now. Also, I didn't have a light grey, so that is a blueish/greyish color that I used instead. The other two colors are correct.

I used the words "eek" and "boo" to create my background on the top and the faces from the treat buckets to create my background on the bottom.

On this card, I used the simply adorable Sweets and Treats PTI Halloween set that was just given to me as a complete surprise from my awesome friend/PTI pen pal, Dana! I was not expecting it at all, and it was such a delightful surprise for my birthday :) But after she got me the set I HAD to get the dies ;) So I used the dies on this card as well. I also used one of the doily dies from PTI. The paper is a mixture between SU and PTI. The DSP and ribbon are SU. The little bat embellishments I'm not sure where they are from, found them in my stash and they just worked well with this card ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love how you stamped the blue background with the pumpkin faces, and the white panel with the words! So cute! The bat is adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun Halloween card! I love how you placed the bat on the die cut "moon"! I'm so glad you could join us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very fun, even if the colors are a bit off, it works for your card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!