Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Amber Ink Project #2

When I saw that Amber Ink had Mermaid stamps, they automatically went into my cart. Growing up, we didn't have cable, but my sister and I absolutely loved Disney movies. We would not only watch them over and over, but we had the Barbies and toys that went along with our favorites, and the soundtracks (on tape) that we listened to all the time and knew every single word. I have a vivid memory of us getting the John Smith figurine as the toy in our Happy Meal when Pochahontas came out, and in the car we sang the entire Colors of the Wind song in John Smith voices! My favorite was Beauty and the Beast, and her's The Little Mermaid. Well, Jamie is 8 months pregnant with my niece, Autumn, so this card is for her, because I'm sure she'll love Ariel just as much as her mom :)

While I was making this card, I had Phillip look up a pic of Ariel online so that I could make sure I had the colors right for "baby" Ariel :)

The wave punch is from Fiskars, and the sentiment is from PTI. I colored the mermaid with Copics. That snazzy paper in the background? Why, Amber Ink's iPaper, of course!

Baker's twine at the top from my extensive collection :)

The light blue color is Aqua Mist from PTI, and I also used PTI's Half and Half die for behind the mermaid. My first nephew was also born this year, and I made him a card before he was born, too, to let him know that I already love him, so I thought I should carry on the tradition for Autumn :)

4 comments:

  1. This is incredibly sweet! I love the story behind the card and the thought you put into picking the image. It looks perfect on the Half & Half die!

    BTW, my Beauty & The Beast is my fave, too. Must be because Belle is a book worm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO cute, Jessica! You did such a fabulous job with the mermaid! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the ipaper and your image is just too sweet, really cute card :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!