Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Designer Drafts: August 2012

My grandparents just moved into an Assisted Living Community this weekend, so I wanted to make them a card for their "new digs." Here's the card I made for them:


Using this sketch from this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks challenge:



I used Paper Smooches Vogue Abode, and a new die from Memory Box that I got for my birthday (thanks, Mom!). The shape is hand cut to resemble the swoosh in the sketch.


I heat embossed the sentiment (which I NEVER do! but it sure does stand out nicely). The button is from PTI and the pearls from Recollections. The cardstock is PTI.





Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a busy one! We went blueberry picking on Saturday and picked up some peaches, too. So when I got home I made spiced blueberry jam, peach salsa, and mini blueberry pies in my new mini pie maker that I got for the most amazing deal... $3!!!! Then today I went to a thirty-one party, and visited with some friends from Phillip's time in the Marine Corps, who dropped by on their way through MA. It was a nice weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Great card. Very mod. I like the coloring and the modern feel. Also, that die looks really neat. I am getting addicted to memory box dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, so adorable and so sweet of you to make this for your grandparents. I love that die, such a wonderful addition to your very modern card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica this is so so cute. Your grandparents are going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! SO FUN!! I love that stamp set--and I need to make a card for a friend who just bought a house! TOTALLY inspired:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you did this weekend. I cant get over how well you did with the sketch. I think its very sweet , I bet your grandparents will love it! Very cute, and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a neat card - it looks so modern and retro all at the same time! SO nice of you to make this for your grandparents! I bet they show all their new neighbors how proud of you they are!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!