Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cloud 9 August Blog Hop

Okay, this is cutting it really close! I don't think I've ever turned in a card this close to the finish before, but my friend, Suzanne, created this awesome blog hop, and also let me borrow her stamps to play along, so I need to get this card linked up! Without further ado, here it is:



Here is the sketch for this month's hop:


I LOVE sketch challenges, but I don't love this card I made :( I really wish I gave myself more time to change it up. That empty space in the middle is killing me! I guess CAS will never be my style! Although I do like to challenge myself and create them sometimes :) So I used Fresh Picked stamps and dies for this card. The polka dotted washi tape is from Target and the sticker tape underneath is from Pebbles. Jen got a big prize package for being in the top 20 in Gallery Idol and she shared some of it with me! This tape was in there, and I must say I've gotten a lot of use out of it so far :)


That ribbon? Is denim!! Its from SU. I like it a lot. The pearls are from Recollections and the cardstock from PTI.




I think if I had time to doctor it up, I would have had an embossing folder, or maybe another color of cardstock on top of the blue. Oh well, next time I know to give myself more time and not wait until its an hour until close! Off to shower...I have the most exciting day planned! I'm sure you'll be seeing some pictures as it is crafting related :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica!!! Your card is great and all that space in the middle looks perfect. I LOVE that ribbon so I hope I can take a peek in person some time...and the pearls and your stamping look amazing too. Such a fun card and I am so happy you could join us this month at the hop!!! Thank you!

    P.S. I would love to see pics, the one of me with the thumbs DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card. Those strawberries look so scrumptious. I'm sorry that I missed this blog hop--it was a fun sketch, and you knocked it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Jessica! I love that you used the sticker from Pebbles, and translucency of the washi tape looks cool on blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it! I love those cute berries and the strip of washi tape. Thanks for joining in this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Jessica! Your little bunch of berries is so fresh and yummy. Love all the different elements that you used for the banners on the sketch, too! So glad you joined us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!