Friday, September 14, 2012

Paper Smooches: Operation Write Home's Birthday Sketch Challenge

IMG_6601

It's Operation Write Home's Birthday and Kim over at Paper Smooches is helping them celebrate by hosting a challenge! I made the above card for this sketch:


The newsprint background is from PTI, the sentiment and cool chemistry guy are from the Paper Smooches "Great Chemistry" set. The cardstock and ribbon are from PTI, and so is the scallop die. She asked you to make a card with a certain theme. The inside of my card says "its your birthday!" to go along with the birthday theme.

What are your plans for this weekend? I've been going through my crafty stash and I've picked a bunch of old stuff that I wanted to get rid of. I signed up for a table at my local stamp store for a yard sale they're having on Sunday. I am going to sell all my SU inks, a bunch of stamps, SU markers, embellishments, etc. I'm hoping to get enough money to buy all the new formula inks! And of course some more Paper Smooches :)

6 comments:

  1. I adore this combination Jessica! I'm up in Maine this weekend (long weekend because Monday is Rosh Hashanah). Are you selling at Ink? I did it a couple years ago and did very well- you are sure to get enough scratch for new formula inks! Fingers crossed for lots of sales for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think your Explosive News is very cute. You are definitely making better use of the set than I would. Now, I am feeling entitled to buy myself a replacement PS set, and am just pondering my choices. I love how the sentiment 'Explosive News' pairs with the Newspaper background. And, your mad scientist does look very crazy. This weekend is lots of soccer, and also she start of Rosh Hashanah.--I'm seeing you have at least two Jewish friends! Good luck with your sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mad scientist...he is so cute. And your light box is working out fabulously! No big plans for the weekend...Pat is on a golf trip with the guys...Ryan has two baseball games tomorrow...so lots of relaxation today. Just a bit of running around with the boys!

    Hope your sale is super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! That mad scientist with the red hair is awesome! Love the caption "explosive news" ... just made me smile from ear to ear.... you've got me thinking...she's blinded me.... WITH SCIENCE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I have got to get this stamp set! It's next on my radar! I love how you made him the focus for this sketch! The newsprint with that sentiment is just PERFECT!! Hope you have a great sale tomorrow......I'm trying to get a garage sale together for next weekend. I have the older SU inks too and they still stamp just fine (they are at least 8 years old!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, love your card. I love how you colored the scientist. This set is so cute and you made it shine.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!