Friday, November 25, 2011

November PTI Blog Hop

For the November PTI Blog Hop, we were given this photo for inspiration:

There was SO much to go by in this picture, I couldn't fit it all in! So here is what I was able to create with it:

I didn't have a tin bucket, but I thought that this pitcher from Iconic Images would work. The plants inside are also from Iconic Images.

The "wrapping paper" is made with the medallion images from Iconic Images, the bow is from Bells and Boughs. I took the design from the couch and used my Half and Half dies and stamps on the bottom left corner. The sentiment seemed perfect for this photo. It is from Home for the Holidays.

The garland was a lot of fun to make. It was the first time I had used the pine bough dies that I won in the release a couple of months ago :) And I know that the stair railing was straight in the picture, but I couldn't resist using my new quartrefoil die from this release!

Everything on my card today is PTI except for the ribbon which is SU. At first, I wasn't thrilled about this inspiration photo, I thought it had too much in it, but I ended up enjoying making this card, and it really got me into the Christmas spirit. Now to go finish putting up the tree :)

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely take on the challenge! Your elements all tell the story. Love the pine leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you did such a great job - I love it. You thought everything out to the littlest detail - your blog is always so inspiring. I totally threw my card together at the last minute, and it shows :/ lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the jug from Iconic images. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! love the jug from iconic images...pops off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and love all the detail that you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used these non-traditional Christmas sets to achieve your look. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!