Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #44

It's time for another Hoedown at Hambo! This week's challenge was to use the digital image Snowball Fight (which you can find here) and to use dry embossing on your card (don't you love their "punny" challenges? Snow is wet, so use something dry...). If you'd like to give this challenge a shot yourself, head on over to the Hambo Hoedown page, here. It will mean a free digi stamp for you!

I used this cute Sizzix embossing folder as my dry embossing. It reminds me of snow, so it went well with this stamp. I also tied the bells on to my sheer blue ribbon with some twine to give the card a festive appeal.

Notice the nice, straight, pinking shears line? Well, that was made with my new PTI pinking shears die that I got in my last release package. The pearls are from Recollections.

I got a lot of use out of my BG10 Cool Shadow Copic marker on this digi stamp to make the snow stand out on the white background. If you don't own Copics but want to get started, make sure to get this marker first...I use it the most of them all!

All cardstock is PTI, and other supplies were listed above. It has been unusually warm up here in Massachusetts, this year. We're still getting in the 60s in the afternoons and we've only seen snow on Halloween when we had that huge storm that caused so much damage. Most people up here are really thankful that it is so warm and hasn't snowed yet. To me, it just doesn't quite seem like its going to be December tomorrow without the cold.

5 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors you used on the girls hat and gloves...So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the warm weather. I'm not complaining, but it has been hard to get in the holiday spirit when I don't even need a jacket.

    This is such a cute card, and I love the little bells you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW they are so so cute! Perfect card, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! I like the silver bell, too!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!