Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paper Smooches Cardstock Challenge


For National Scrapbooking day, Kim from Paper Smooches issued a challenge to make a project with just cardstock, no patterned paper. She was looking for innovative uses of it, so I decided to create a basket weave pattern with 3 colors of blue cardstock from PTI. Here is the finished product:


Here is a closer look at the basket weave pattern I created and the cute sheep from PS Party Posse set:



The clouds are from PS Eco Friendly, and the hills were created with the PTI In the Meadow die.


The sentiment is also from the Party Posse set. The twine is Divine Twine and the embossing folder is SU Sizzix.




Today is a gorgeous day, and this card reminds me of how it looks outside...except replace the sheep with Boz and Nando (my two dogs).

11 comments:

  1. Oh my...drooling over your basket weaving Jessica. Such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I love your basket weaving! And, that sheep is so cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun card...just love the basket weaving, so clever and those sheep, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute, Jessica I am recently getting acquainted with Paper Smooches and this little sheep is one of the reasons for my new interest! Love the punny sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Jessica this is too cute! I love that weaving that you did with the cardstock. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card i sooo cute, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the basket weave on this adorable card. Too cute Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The basket weaving is a fabulous idea! Love the colors and the adorable little sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute and such a clever design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lattice sky Jessica! Makes for a very textured card! Love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, Jessica!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!