Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Make It Monday #67

This week's Make It Monday from Papertrey Ink was Mixing Patterned Papers. I haven't played with a MIM in a really long time, but this one was simple, and I wanted to get inky with my new stamps, too! Here's what I created with On the Farm:


The patterned papers are from a DCWV Spring Fling pack, and also PTI's paper pack. I even decided to cut the cow out of gingham...talk about mixing up the patterned papers ;)


The mini clothespin is from my local stamp store, and the gingham ribbon and eyelet border punch are from SU. Everything else on the card is PTI.







Phillip stayed home from work today with a cold, and guess what I came home with?? A sore throat, of course! I'm about to go take some Nyquil and settle down for a deep sleep. I want to be 100% by this weekend for our Memorial Day camping trip with one of my good stamping friends, Gerry and her husband Harold. There will even be a detour to a local stamp store...now THAT's what I call camping ;)

12 comments:

  1. What a fun card, and fantastic take on the challenge. My absolute favorite part is the gingham cow. He is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love the country look of this :) Fabulous little addition of the clothespin :) Ah, camping with shopping...the only thing better would be a trip to some wineries...I'm with you! Rest up and feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry to hear you're under the weather! I just got over a sore throat and congestion, and luckily it didn't last long. Hopefully you'll be all better by the weekend!
    Super fun card with fantastic bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camping and visit a stamp store! Sounds like a great weekend! Hope you and Phillip are well by the weekend! How fun you got your new stamps already, still waiting for mine. Love your beautiful card and the farm scean you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, I hope you don't mind but I will be CASE'ing this card. The colors are so fabulous, bright and festive, great for a fun birthday card. Just too darn cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no...hope you feel better quickly. I love the bright, cheerful scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that gingham cow!!
    This scene is so much fun...
    the colors...
    so bright and vivid!
    Hope you are feeling better very soon...
    and have a great camping weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yee haw! how fun is this card? Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby little scene and LOVE the gingham cow! Hope you are better soon! I think I could feel differently about camping if it included a stamping store!!! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun patterns and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE mixing patterns - that cow's the best! ;) Have fun on your camp/shop adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica, the colors and patterns are so perfect! Love everything about it...makes me smile!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!