Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hambo Hoedown #49

This week, Hambo is sponsoring the Send a Smile 4 Kids blog which is dedicated to collecting and distributing handmade cards to children who are inpatient at Children's Hospitals. Hambo asked us to use this new Bailey image. You know I'm partial since its a dog card :)

I made this card extra cheery since it is a child's themed card. The "woof you" could be either "love you" or "thank you." The patterned paper is leftovers from a pack that Suzanne gave me, but I'm not sure of the company. The banner is made from an EK success punch that a friend gave me for Christmas. The "you" is from a pack of wooden letters that I got on sale at Joanns ages ago.

The little lady bug clothespins I found at work awhile back when I was cleaning out the craft closet, so I'm not sure where they came from, either. The twine is from Martha Stewart.

I used PTI's Mat Stack 5 to cut out the mat and then used SU punches for the circle, scallop, and label punch. I think any kid would definitely smile if they received this card!

My card will be showing up on the Send a Smile 4 Kids blog on Saturday rather than on the Hoedown blog today, so go over and check it out and what the other talented DT members have created! Also, today is the last day to apply to be on the Hambo DT for the next term, and to submit to be a part of the customer blog hop, so don't forget about that!

5 comments:

  1. I love that punny sentiment! So, so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "woof" it! *heehee* Seriously, did you add an eye patch to this doggie? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little banner and the coloring he has!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, such a sweet card! Love that banner you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo adorable, I just love all your wonderfully fun details, such a great card for a kid! Thanks for joining and supporting us @ SAS 4 kids :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!