Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Make It Monday #18: Tissue Paper Technique

Here is the card with matching tin that I made with the tissue paper technique showcased on yesterday's Make It Monday:


Here is a close up of the tissue paper part:



Close up of the top of the tin:

And of course its filled with more of those delicious Rolo cookies I made this weekend!

This card and tin are for my friend Ann who made me a gorgeous scarf. I wore it last week and everyone that saw it wanted to touch it and was like wow that is so neat! I used the 2011 PTI anniversary set to make it. The patterned paper and "For You" sentiment on the tin are from SU. The ribbon is from my friend Suzanne who won it on a blog challenge and was nice enough to share it with me :) My mom gave me the tins, she found them somewhere at like 90% off (she is the best bargain shopper I know!) so I just altered it by covering the top and adding the ribbon. It was the perfect size for the cookies. I know Ann is going to love this...especially the cookies :)

5 comments:

  1. Great job with the challenge! I especially like how you cut out the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just darling Jessica...love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gift! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and cookie tin! I love your striking colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I like how you cut out the thank you at the bottom. Congrats on the MIM win.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!