Sunday, September 12, 2010

PPA#59 Color Challenge



Here's my take on this week's PPA Color Challenge. These colors look nice together and include the Old Olive Green that I keep going back to recently, so it was perfect :) The tree is brand new, I just bought the die Die-namics by MFT from my local stamp store yesterday. I tried cutting it from cork, first, but it just didn't work, even running it through the big shot several times, I think the die was just too thin as it is one of the steel dies, or maybe the cork too thick? Anyway, on the paper it shows all the cool woodgrain, so that is a plus. I sponged brown ink onto it to give it a different look as well. The scallop square I cut with a Sizzix die. The button and ribbon and all papers (including patterned paper for leaves) are from SU. The sentiment from Michaels dollar bin and green pearls from A.C. Moore. The little green library clip is from SU. This was also a change for me because it is not a regular sized A2 card! I am enjoying going out of my comfort zone lately :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So many wonderful details! I love the texture! The pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have won one of the Artist Pick of the Week spots on the Pals Paper Arts Challenge. I could not find an email on your blog, so if you can, please email us at palspaperarts@gmail.com so we can send you the letter and the code for the Winner's badge.

    Congrats!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being named a PPA pick this week! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful tree! Love the brads on the sentiment . . . congrats on being a PPA pick. Well deserved. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!