Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happily Ever Challenged #8-Old Glory





Photobucket
I found this challenge by looking through all the blogs my friend, Suzanne (thecardyard.blogspot.com) follows. The link is from Ted's Happily Ever Crafter Blog at http://www.happilyevercrafter.com/2010/06/happily-ever-challenged-8-old-glory.html if you want to play along. When I saw that you can win a Paper Trey Ink gift certificate, I just had to play along! It was fun trying to use only red, white, and blue for this challenge. I did realize after I was done that I should have stamped the girls and dogs in blue to stay more true to the challenge, (okay, well, actually my husband pointed it out right away when I showed him...first thing he pointed out...hope I'm not disqualified!) but I rarely use so much white, so this was definitely a challenge for me. Anyway, I had just ordered the "hot diggity dog" saying from A Muse, and I got the set from a stamping yard sale at a local stamp store, and I thought they would go great together :) It is from Close to My Heart and called Uptown Girls. The paper is from SU, the clip from Michaels, buttons from SU, and finally the border punch is from EK Success. The striped ribbon is also from Michaels and the solid red is from SU. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. hey jess, the uptown girl stamps are so cute! i hope you win! TED, PICK JESSICA if you read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) I think it's random, right?

    I tried the link and I think there's an extra "htTp//" in it... :)

    and thank you for your card!!! the price of stamps is going up - you can just start plopping them in the mailbox if you drive by. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, this is a great card with a nice balance and composition! :) Tell your husband that I'm going to let you off the hook this time. ;) Suzanne is right... you have an extra http. :) Here's the link (copy and paste it) for anybody interested: http://www.happilyevercrafter.com/2010/06/happily-ever-challenged-8-old-glory.html

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!