Thursday, May 26, 2011

cQc #86

I just got my PTI package from the May release today, so I took out my new goodies and got to work. Here is the card I created with the challenge colors:

I love the new seed packet front die and stamp set. I also used the daffodil from the year of flowers mini set.

The picket fence is the Martha Stewart punch...I couldn't justify getting the new PTI picket fence die since I already had this punch.

So I'll admit that I'm not loving this color combo. And with the gingham as the background, the red reminds me of Al's shirt from Home Improvement! But I'm still glad I gave it a try and got to use my new stamps and die, too. The ribbon is SU, paper is SU, all stamps PTI. I used Copics to color, and the tiny closepin with lady bug was a great find at work...during spring cleaning of the closets I found some, and knew it would be perfect for cards :) If you'd like to try this challenge yourself, click here

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun and colorful. I wasn't crazy about these colors together either, but you did a great job with them! The picket fence border is absolutely darling, and the ladybug is such a great find! So glad you played along with the ColourQ again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the new YOF minis?? This is just beautiful! Love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Jessica! Love what you did with the colors. Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I saw this on the PTI blog and thought "How cute is THIS"!!! Awesome job using our challenge colors! Thanks for playing the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!